Apply for the 1-Act Festival Circuit
From August 1st each year
Groups register their intention to compete with the National Secretary. Register using the online form below.
The registration process starts on August 1st of each year and runs for the month of August.
To register please submit the online form below.
By August 31st each year
- Groups must have registered
- The organising committee know how many Open & Confined groups are competing.
- The organising committee advise festivals how many Open groups and how many Confined groups to include in their festival.
From September 1st each year
- Groups are supplied with their registration number from the organising committee.
- Using a standard Festival Application Form, DLI Groups apply directly to festivals.
- Groups submit this completed form to as many festivals as they like - however, the groups can accept a maximum of 5 festivals at which to perform.
From October Bank Holiday Weekend to the end of November
- The preliminary festivals run from the October bank holiday weekend to the end of November. There are approx. 25 preliminary festivals.
- Festivals run at weekends & generally run over 3 nights with 3 productions each night
- The top 6 Open groups & the top 5 Confined groups qualify for the All-Ireland finals
First Weekend in December
- The All-Ireland Finals are held on the first weekend in December
- There is just one All-Ireland Finals, incorporating both Confined & Open finals
- The venue for the All-Ireland Finals changes each year as it is hosted by one of the festivals or a drama group.